Find a Profesional in High Springs, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can come up with the hours for the job.
What is the appropriate time to request an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the normal price charged by roofing contractors for a roof replacement project?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much is a roofer's rate to fix the roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near High Springs, Florida
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in High Springs, Florida. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.