Find a HVAC Profesional in Havana, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Havana, FL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Havana, FL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.