Find a HVAC Profesional in Hastings, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Florida // Hastings
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Hastings, FL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Hastings, FL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.