Find a HVAC Profesional in Graham, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Graham, FL
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Graham, FL. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.