Find a Profesional in Fort Pierce, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
When should I get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected price to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Fort Pierce, Florida
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Fort Pierce, Florida. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our powerful app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Fort Pierce, Florida. Find the right contractor for your house right away.