Find a HVAC Profesional in Ellenton, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Ellenton, FL
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Ellenton, FL, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Ellenton, FL. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.