Find a HVAC Profesional in Deerfield Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Deerfield Beach, Florida
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Deerfield Beach, Florida. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.