Find a HVAC Profesional in Century, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Century, Florida. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Century, Florida
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Century, Florida. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.