Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Boca Raton, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
Is fixing my window air conditioner a necessary expense?
Installing whole-home air conditioning will cost thousands of dollars around Boca Raton, FL and isn't a choice for anyone renting or with financial constraints. A cost-effective substitute are window air conditioning units, but even these usually cost hundreds of dollars. Buying new units will be more costly than routine maintenance, making it a worthwhile choice in many circumstances.
Opting to repair current window air conditioners rather than replacing them may come down to your long-term goals. If you are planning to install central air in your property, maintaining curent window units could be the best short-term solution. But window units also have benefits over whole-home systems, including energy efficiency, transportability, and being able to work as supplemental cooling and heating with central air. Assess your requirements and goals and compare them to the price of repair services offered by professionals on Thumbtack to figure out if they will be worthwhile.
How should I pick the best window air conditioner repair technician?
It would be best to do your due diligence when picking a window air conditioner repair contractor to ensure you get the most for your money. No matter if you're looking for routine maintenance or a one-time service near Boca Raton, FL, check for these key factors from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are several types of window air conditioners on the market, and some function with a variety of systems and features. Always make sure the contractor you're considering has knowledge of your specific brand of unit before hiring.
- Certification - You can verify that the technician has the proper licensing to do repairs in Boca Raton, FL and any training certificates.
- Guarantees - Your appliance could be under warranty from the maker, so ask your contractor about calculating that in the price of the service. Picking a contractor that provides guarantees on their work will bring you added peace of mind.
- Service Schedule - Normal business hours aren't always ideal for effectively cooling and heating your house. You may find window air conditioner repair professionals who provide on-call services in the event your appliance goes down over the weekend and holidays.
- References - Most established repair professionals will have references from past clients vouching for their skills and professionalism. Look at their online reviews to understand how effectively the technician provides quality work and customer service.
What is the most common problem on window air conditioners?
You shouldn't wait until your window air conditioner goes out to look for repair services near Boca Raton, FL. Inspect your appliance for any of these common problems to decide whether calling in a pro is warranted:
- Age - The average window air conditioner should last ten years, though scheduled repairs can stretch its service life to 15 years. Consider employing a contractor to perform preventive maintenance if your unit is near its prime, especially if you notice any performance problems.
- Strange Sounds - It's normal for a window air conditioner to make a little whistling or humming sounds as it powers on, but any loud screeches, pops, or grinding noises are indicative of a problem.
- Bad Smells - Any burning or moldy smells coming from the window air conditioner as it runs could be a sign it should be repaired. Wiring issues are a fire hazard, and mold might be behind the mildew smell and be a detriment to indoor air quality.
- Higher Electric Bills - A broken window air conditioner might be drawing more electricity than is necessary when functioning properly. Turn to an expert to repair the unit if you notice your bill going up more than expected whenever your machine runs.
What part of a window air conditioner is often the most costly to repair?
The costliest part to repair on a window air conditioner can vary depending on the specific model of the unit and the nature of the issue. A few of the most expensive parts to repair or replace as reported by residents of Boca Raton, FL include:
- Compressor - The compressor is a critical element that helps move refrigerant and increases its energy efficiency.
- Condenser Coil - The condenser coil, located on the outside part of the unit, releases heat absorbed by the evaporator coil to complete the heat cycle.
- Electronic Control Board: This board is responsible for operating many functions of the air conditioner, like the thermostat and fan.
- Motor - A fan motor is usually integrated with several intricate components of the unit to help with functions like heat exchange, circulation, condensing, and evaporation.
- Freon Leak Recharge - If there's a refrigerant leak, the price to repair it and recharging will be significant. Additionally, refrigerants are regulated substances needing specialized certification and tools to work with.
It's worth noting that the decision to repair or replace a window air conditioner will be based on things like the age of the unit, the scope of the damage, and price. If your unit is not past its recommended service life, investing in any of these repairs is more cost-efficient than buying a new model.
Maintain Your Window Air Conditioner By Choosing Repair Professionals on Thumbtack
Dependable window air conditioner repair contractors near Boca Raton, FL are waiting to be found on Thumbtack. Fixing your transportable HVAC system can be cost-efficient if it's less than ten years old and the repairs don't cost more than buying a new model. With the high price you should expect to pay for a quality window air conditioner and the affordable rates offered by repair contractors, you'll be doing a lot of favors for your finances and the comfort of your home by scheduling a service date right away.
Window air conditioners are self-contained cooling machines designed to be placed in a window or a specially constructed opening in a wall. These appliances are commonly used to cool individual rooms or small spaces and are popular for residential and business settings. Much more affordable than installing whole-home air conditioning, a window air conditioner can effectively cool and heat a space any season of the year. It's common for some components to finally fail under heavy use, though scheduling regular maintenance from a contractor to clean and repair the unit in the spring and fall will help keep yours working when it's needed most.
No matter if you want regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs as problems come up, an expert repair person has the tools and experience to do the task quickly. Contractors specializing in AC repair are certified to work with regulated chemicals like freon used in self-contained cooling systems. A professional will also have experience repairing the many intricate components within these units and can even clean them to stretch their service life. Factors to consider when choosing a contractor for window air conditioner repairs include industry certification, customer reviews, business hours, and price. Similar information and more is compiled on Thumbtack so you can conveniently and reliably maintain one of your home's most critical systems.