Find a HVAC Profesional in Bartow, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Florida // Bartow
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Bartow, FL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Bartow, FL. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.