Find a HVAC Profesional in Astatula, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Astatula, FL
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Astatula, FL, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.