Find a HVAC Profesional in Laurel, Delaware
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Delaware // Laurel
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Laurel, DE
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Laurel, DE. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Laurel, DE. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.