Find a HVAC Profesional in Woodstock, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Woodstock, Connecticut
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Woodstock, Connecticut. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.