Find a HVAC Profesional in Winsted, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Winsted, CT. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Winsted, CT
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Winsted, CT. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Winsted, CT. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.