Find a HVAC Profesional in Weston, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Weston, CT
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Weston, CT. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.