Find a Profesional in West Haven, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is good for a roofing project?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to book.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical price per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the usual period of time for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
When is the best time to get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in West Haven, CT
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in West Haven, CT. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in West Haven, CT. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property right away.