Find a HVAC in Wallingford, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Wallingford, ConnecticutSearch Results // Connecticut // Wallingford
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What are the normal costs related to fixing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal price per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Wallingford, Connecticut. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Wallingford, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Wallingford, Connecticut. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Wallingford, Connecticut. Get the roofing services you need for your property now.