Find a HVAC Profesional in Tariffville, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Tariffville, Connecticut
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Tariffville, Connecticut. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.