Find a HVAC Profesional in Southbury, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Southbury
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Southbury, Connecticut
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Southbury, Connecticut, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.