Find a Profesional in Simsbury, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which time of the year should I schedule services with a roofer?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roof inspection?
Many roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Simsbury, CT
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Simsbury, CT. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.