Find a HVAC Profesional in Ridgefield, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Ridgefield, Connecticut
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Ridgefield, Connecticut, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on our site have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.