Find a Profesional in Portland, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time required for building a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
When is a roof inspection necessary?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofer for replacement services?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I budget for roof repair expenses?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Portland, CT
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Portland, CT. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.