Find a HVAC Profesional in Portland, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Portland, Connecticut
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Portland, Connecticut, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.