Find a HVAC in Orange, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Orange, CT. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
What is the appropriate time to schedule a roof inspection?
Most roofers recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How much will a roofing contractor charge for replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What rate can be expected for roof maintenance services?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Orange, CT
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Orange, CT. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.