Find a HVAC Profesional in Orange, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Orange, CT
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Orange, CT. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.