Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Old Lyme, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Window Air Conditioner Repair Professionals nearWindow Air Conditioner Repair // Connecticut // Old Lyme
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
Are the benefits of repairing a window air conditioner worth the price?
Installing whole-home air conditioning will cost thousands of dollars around Old Lyme, CT and isn't a choice for anyone renting or with a tight budget. A cost-efficient alternative are window air conditioning machines, but even these can cost hundreds of dollars. Buying new units will be more costly than routine maintenance, making it a smart investment in the long run.
Opting to repair existing window air conditioners versus replacing them may come down to your long-term plans. If you are planning to put central air in your house, repairing curent window units could be the best short-term solution. But window units also have benefits over other HVAC systems, including energy efficiency, transportability, and being able to operate as supplemental cooling and heating with central air. Consider your requirements and goals and compare them to the price of repair services offered by pros on Thumbtack to decide if they will be worthwhile.
How should I select a window air conditioner repair technician?
It will be best to do your due diligence before selecting a window air conditioner repair professional to ensure you get the highest quality services for your money. Whether you're looking for routine maintenance or a one-time service around Old Lyme, CT, check for these key factors from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are hundreds of types of window air conditioners on the market, and some function with a variety of systems and components. Always make sure the professional you're considering has experience working with your particular brand of unit before hiring.
- Certification - You can verify that the technician has the proper accreditation to conduct repairs in Old Lyme, CT and any training certificates.
- Guarantees - Your appliance may be under warranty from the manufacturer, so ask your contractor about including that in the price of repairs. Hiring a professional that offers guarantees on their labor will bring you added peace of mind.
- Service Schedule - Routine business hours aren't always ideal for effectively cooling and heating your home. You may find window air conditioner repair contractors who offer on-call services in case your appliance goes down over the weekend or holidays.
- References - Most proven contractors will provide references from past customers confirming their skills and services. Check for online reviews to understand how efficiently the technician provides quality repairs and customer service.
What is the most common problem on window air conditioning units?
You don't have to wait until your window air conditioner stops working to look for repair services near Old Lyme, CT. Evaluate your appliance for any of these common issues to decide whether calling in a professional is warranted:
- Age - The average window air conditioner will last a decade, though scheduled maintenance can increase the lifespan to 15 years. Consider hiring a professional to perform preventive maintenance if your window air conditioner is near its manufacturer-rated lifespan, especially if you notice any performance issues.
- Odd Sounds - It's common for a window air conditioner to make a little whistling or humming sounds as it powers on, but any loud screeches, pops, or grinding sounds are indicative of a problem.
- Bad Smells - Any burning or mildew smells emanating from the window air conditioner as it runs could be a sign it should be cleaned and fixed. Wiring problems are a fire hazard, while mold may be behind the mildew smell and be a detriment to your health.
- Increased Electric Bills - A faulty window air conditioner may be using more electricity than is necessary when functioning correctly. Turn to a professional to repair the unit if you notice your bill going up more than expected whenever your appliance runs.
What part of a window air conditioner is often the most costly to repair?
The most expensive part to repair on a window air conditioner varies with the particular brand of the unit and the extent of the issue. A few of the most expensive parts to repair or replace as reported by residents of Old Lyme, CT include:
- Compressor - The compressor is a crucial component that helps circulate refrigerant and increases its energy efficiency.
- Condenser Coil - The condenser coil, positioned on the outer part of the unit, expels heat accumulated by the evaporator coil to complete the heat cycle.
- Electronic Control Board: This board is responsible for operating many tasks and features of the air conditioner, like the thermostat and fan.
- Motor - The fan motor is typically integrated with several intricate components of the unit to help with functions like heat exchange, circulation, condensing, and evaporation.
- Freon Leak Repair - If there's a refrigerant leak, the price of repairing it and a recharge can be significant. Additionally, refrigerants are regulated substances needing specialized certification and gear to work with.
It's worth noting that the decision to repair or replace a window air conditioner will be based on things like the age of the unit, the scope of the damage, and price. If your unit is less than ten years old, investing in any of these repairs is more cost-efficient than buying a new one.
Preserve Your Window Air Conditioner With Repair Contractors on Thumbtack
Professional window air conditioner repair contractors around Old Lyme, CT are standing by to be found on Thumbtack. Repairing your transportable air conditioning system will be cost-effective if it's less than ten years old and the repairs don't cost more than buying a new one. With the high price you should expect to pay for a quality window air conditioner and the affordable rates offered by repair contractors, you'll be doing a lot of favors for your wallet and the comfort of your house by scheduling a service date right away.
Window air conditioners are closed cooling appliances designed to be installed in a window or a specially constructed opening in the wall. These units are often used to cool single rooms or small spaces and are popular for residential and business environments. Much more affordable than installing whole-home air conditioning, a window system will effectively cool or heat a room any time of year. It's common for some components to finally fail from heavy use, though scheduling routine maintenance from a professional to clean and repair the unit in the spring and fall will help ensure yours stays working when you need it most.
Whether you want regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs whenever issues come up, an expert repair person has the tools and training to do the job quickly. Contractors providing HVAC repair will be licensed to work with regulated chemicals like freon used in closed cooling systems. A professional will also have experience working with the many complex components inside these units and will even clean them to stretch their lifespan. Things to look for when choosing a contractor to do your window air conditioner repairs include professional certification, customer reviews, service hours, and price. All this valuable information and more can be found on Thumbtack to let you conveniently and reliably maintain one of your home's most essential systems.