Find a HVAC in Norfolk, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the usual duration to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Norfolk, CT. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
When is the best time to set up my roof evaluated?
Many roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofers normally charge for labor for a replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What are the usual costs associated with repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Norfolk, CT
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Norfolk, CT. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Norfolk, CT. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.