Find a Profesional in Niantic, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good time for roofing projects?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
How much is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
What is the right occasion to request an inspection for my roof?
Most roofing contractors recommend biannual roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Niantic, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Niantic, Connecticut. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.