Find a HVAC in Newtown, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Newtown, ConnecticutSearch Results // Connecticut // Newtown
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good season for roofing projects?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Newtown, Connecticut. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the job.
When is a roof inspection needed?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Newtown, Connecticut
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Newtown, Connecticut. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.