Find a Profesional in New London, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the best season for a roofing project?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to call a roofer.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal rate roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical period of time for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
At which point should I consider having an inspection for my roof?
Most roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in New London, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in New London, Connecticut. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in New London, Connecticut. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.