Find a HVAC Profesional in New Canaan, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in New Canaan, Connecticut
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in New Canaan, Connecticut, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.