Find a HVAC Profesional in New Britain, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in New Britain, CT
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in New Britain, CT. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.