Find a HVAC Profesional in Higganum, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Higganum, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Higganum, Connecticut. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Higganum, Connecticut. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.