Find a Profesional in Harwinton, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much should I budget to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
How much do most roofing specialists charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take for a roofer to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Harwinton, CT. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Harwinton, CT
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Harwinton, CT. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Harwinton, CT. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.