Find a HVAC Profesional in Harwinton, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Harwinton, CT. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Harwinton, CT
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Harwinton, CT. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to find the right contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.