Find a HVAC in Hartford, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which time is best to set up a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the expected price to fix my roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
When should I book an appointment to get roofing contractors come out?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Hartford, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Hartford, Connecticut. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hartford, Connecticut. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house right away.