Find a HVAC Profesional in Guilford, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Guilford, CT. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Guilford, CT
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Guilford, CT, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.