Find a HVAC in Glastonbury, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good season for roofing work?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time for services.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal price roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the usual period of time for a roof replacement?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Glastonbury, CT. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
What is the appropriate time to schedule a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Glastonbury, CT
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Glastonbury, CT. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.