Find a HVAC in Eastford, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I get a roof inspection?
Many roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the usual cost of replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What costs are related to fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a contractor.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
When is the best season to get your roof serviced?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Eastford, CT
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Eastford, CT. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.