Find a Profesional in East Hartford, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the best time to get your roof serviced?
No matter what time of year it is, you can call a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the usual cost per square foot for roofing services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, how expensive it will be will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in East Hartford, CT. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to arrange for a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near East Hartford, CT
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in East Hartford, CT. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.