Find a Profesional in Cos Cob, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Connecticut // Cos Cob
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Cos Cob, ConnecticutSearch Results // Connecticut // Cos Cob
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When during the year is ideal for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be an easier time for services.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which time is best to get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Cos Cob, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Cos Cob, Connecticut. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.