Find a HVAC in Canton, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which time is best to get a roof inspection?
Many roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How much will a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected expenditure to fix my roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When is the perfect season for a roofing project?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Canton, Connecticut
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Canton, Connecticut. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.