Find a HVAC in Broad Brook, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal price for replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the approximate cost for fixing a rooftop?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the usual cost per square foot for roofing services?
Roofing services can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Broad Brook, Connecticut
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Broad Brook, Connecticut. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.