Find a Profesional in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I plan to get roofing contractors come out?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical rate roofing specialists charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
Most roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Bloomfield, CT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Bloomfield, CT. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Bloomfield, CT. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.