Find a HVAC Profesional in Bethlehem, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Bethlehem, Connecticut
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bethlehem, Connecticut. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bethlehem, Connecticut. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.