Find a HVAC Profesional in Avon, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Avon, CT. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Avon, CT
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Avon, CT, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.