Find a HVAC Profesional in Andover, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Andover, Connecticut
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Andover, Connecticut, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.