Find a HVAC Profesional in Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Wheat Ridge, CO. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Wheat Ridge
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Wheat Ridge, CO
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Wheat Ridge, CO. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Wheat Ridge, CO. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.