Find a HVAC Profesional in Pitkin, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Pitkin, CO. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Colorado // Pitkin
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Pitkin, CO
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Pitkin, CO, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.