Find a Profesional in Limon, Colorado
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How much does a roofer charge for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What should I budget for rooftop repair expenses?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Limon, CO
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Limon, CO. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.